Proofreading and Editing
Jera Editing Services
Edupreneur Services International
Alice J Watson
Golden Orb Creative
John Mahony Editing
Access Editing is Jane Aylen AE.
Jane works with students, academics, small business owners, and people from large organisations in the corporate, community and government sectors. She works on research papers, theses, essays, reports, job applications, online content – anything a student might need help with.
After a student has worked hard on their research, and once they’re confident with their argument, the editor’s job is to make sure the message shines through, with clarity and consistency. Many of Jane’s clients are located in other parts of the world, and she enjoys working with students for whom English is a second language. Jane provides helpful suggestions about her clients’ writing, to help improve their writing for the next assignment – saving time and money in the long run.
Jane works to IPEd’s Guidelines for editing theses and university editing policies. She edits according to your university’s style and is a pro at APA style.
Jane is an Accredited Editor of the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) in Australia and a professional member of the Canberra Society of Editors. She has worked as an editor and publications professional for more than 15 years. She has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) and a Graduate Diploma in Library and Information Management.
Access Editing provides professional editing services with a focus on making your text accessible to its intended readership.
Access Editing offers:
• Proofreading – a final check of your text, to spot any errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax
• Copyediting – to ensure the message in your text is complete, accurate and consistent
• Substantive editing – an extensive edit to improve the text by clarifying meaning, suggesting structural changes and working with the language used
• Plain English rewriting
• Formatting to meet the requirements of your assignment
• Formatting for online accessibility
• Help with referencing and citations
• Document navigation
For each project, Access Editing offers a complete brief containing a list of style decisions and explanations of editing suggestions.
Is English your second language? I’d love to work with you.